Personal Data Protection Policy
Welcome to Century Software (M) Sdn. Bhd. (“CSM”, “we” or “us”). Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), CSM is mindful and committed to safeguarding of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how we may collect, use, share, and keep information about you.
We will only process your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, the applicable regulations, guidelines, orders made under the Personal Protection Act 2010 and any statutory amendments or reenactments made of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 from time to time (collectively referred to as the PDPA) as well as this Personal Data Protection Policy.
If you are a corporate entity, references to the term “you” and “your” shall also include your employees, representatives and agents.
In order for us to provide you with our services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner, we may need to collect relevant personal information from you either manually or through our website. The personal information collected by us may be in the form of but is not limited to contact number, address, email address, designation, company name, license number, qualifications, business details or any other information stipulated by the PDPA.
This Notice applies to most of our public-facing CSM websites and other online offerings and will be available by link on all sites and offerings which it covers. Other CSM websites, apps, or online offerings may collect and use data about you in a different way and so publish a different CSM Notice. We encourage you to take a moment to look at this Notice. We ask that you read this Notice carefully as it contains important information about how we will process and use the personal data provided by you through this website.
Collection Of Personal Data
We collect information that you supply to us when you choose to contact us for more information or when you register for one of our websites or offerings. This data typically includes your name, professional credentials, email address and other contact data. We may append data from other sources to supplement what you give us. We do, on occasion, obtain or license contact information from third parties for limited marketing purposes.
In addition, we may also receive, store and process your personal data which is provided or made available by any third parties, credit reference bodies, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, for reasons including delivery of our products and/or services, performance of conditions of agreements and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We gather date, time, certain information about a user’s browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites.
Purposes Of Acquiring And Processing Your Personal Data
CSM processes your personal data only for specific and limited purposes.
You agree that all personal data collected and/or processed by CSM may include but not be limited to the following purposes:
- For administrative and operational purposes;
- For contact and communication purposes;
- For internal records management;
- For identification and verification purposes;
- For compliance with laws and regulations;
- To understand our audience and improve how our websites work;
- To respond to your comments, questions, suggestions and/or requests;
- To resolve and/or to attend to any concerns, complaints and/or issues received;
- To inform you of our services;
- To provide you with the information/support you requested;
- To market and advertise our services to you.
- To process applications for and the provision of CSM’s Products and/or services;
- For research, statistical studies and/or data analysis purposes;
- To detect, investigate and prevent any fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activity or omission or misconduct;
- For audit, risk management and security reasons;
- For our storage, hosting back-up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside Malaysia;
- For all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
Acceptance Of The Policy
You are given notice that the services will only be made available to you upon your accepting and expressly consenting to the terms of this Notice, where such express acceptance and consent shall be evidenced by you clicking or checking or indicating accordingly on the relevant consent portion of the registration forms or such other documents as my be furnished to you, as the case may be.
By so indicating your acceptance of the term of this Notice, you shall be deemed to have expressly consented to the processing of your personal data by CSM or any of its authorized agents, employees, partners and/or contractors for purposes as outlined.
You hereby agree and accept that by registering and/or continuing to use the services, you authorize and consent to your personal data being processed by and where required, disclosed to classes of third parties as identified by CSM for the purposes of CSM providing the services to you. For the avoidance of doubt, you also hereby explicitly consent to CSM processing any sensitive personal data relevant to such purposes.
We reserve the right to modify, update and/or amend this Personal Data Protection Policy from time to time with reasonable prior notice to you. We will notify you of any amendments via announcements on the Site or other appropriate means. By continuing to communicate with us, use our services, purchase of products and/access to the Site after being notified of any amendments to this Personal Data Protection Policy, you will be treated as having agreed to and accepted those amendments.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to the following third parties, for one or more of the above purposes:
- The company’s group of companies including the subsidiaries, related and associated companies;
- To vendors that work on CSM’s behalf;
- To law enforcement when we have a good- faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us;
- To exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Any person under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep your personal data confidential which we have engaged to discharge our obligations to you;
- Our auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business on a strictly confidential basis, appointed by us to provide services to us;
- Data centres and/or servers located within or outside Malaysia for data storage purposes;
- Storage facility and records management service providers;
- Our business partners, service providers, suppliers, vendors, distributors, contractors or agents, on a need to know basis, that provide related products and /services in connection with our business, or discharge or perform one or more of the above purposes and other purposes required to operate and maintain our business;
- Any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for us to operate and maintain our business or carry out the activities set out in the purposes.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you may at any time withdraw your consent to CSM processing any personal data of yours or to any part or portion of the same by sending to CSM at the address set out below a written notice of withdrawal and within the period prescribed under the PDPA. CSM shall take all necessary measures to give effect to your withdrawal of consent, to the extent that such withdrawal does not conflict with any of CSM’s other legal obligations.
If you do not wish to have your personal data shared with any other party, or if you do not wish to be solicited for services offered by CSM or any other parties including third parties, kindly inform us in writing at the communication information as given below.
You shall, upon written request, be granted access to all personal data held or stored or processed by CSM. To avoid confusion, “access” for the purposes of this provision shall mean notification of such personal data of yours that is processed by or on behalf of CSM and to have a copy of such personal data communicated or conveyed to you in an intelligible form of CSM’s choosing.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Any of your personal data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the personal data was collected continues; your personal data is then destroyed or anonymised from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event your personal data is no longer required for the said purposes unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
Security Of Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other similar risks, we endeavour, where practicable, to implement appropriate technical, physical, electronic and procedural security measures in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and industry standards to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, and the destruction of, or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorised disclosure of or access to your personal data.
However, we would like to inform you that because of the constitution of the Internet, the rules of data protection and the security measures mentioned above may not be observed by others, persons or institutions beyond our control. Especially unencrypted data – even sent via E-mail – can be read by third parties. We have no technical influence to avoid this. The user has the responsibility to protect the information he/she provides, especially user name and passwords, from misuse, by encryption or other means.
We cannot and do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or interception or loss of personal data that is beyond our reasonable control.
Transfer Of Personal Data Outside Of Malaysia
Our information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions outside of Malaysia. This may include, but not limited to, instances where your personal data may be stored on servers located outside Malaysia. In addition, your personal data may be disclosed or transferred to entities located outside Malaysia. You hereby expressly consent to us transferring your personal data outside of Malaysia for such purposes. We shall endeavour to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to procure that all such third parties outside of Malaysia shall not use your personal data other than for that part of the purposes and to adequately protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
Our sites contain links to other websites not owned by CSM. We do not control the content or privacy practices of those sites and we do not accept any responsibility or liability arising from those websites.
Likewise, if you subscribe to an application, content or a product from our strategic partner and you subsequently provide your personal data directly to that third party, that personal data will be subject to that third party’s privacy /personal data protection policy (if they have such a policy) and not to this Personal Data Protection Policy.
You may at any time make a written request to CSM to correct any personal data of yours that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out-of-date and CSM shall, upon receipt of your written request for correction(s), take all necessary measures to give effect to such correction(s).
Please direct any requests to withdraw consent or to request access and/or correction to any Personal Data as follows:
Century Software (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Unit B-10-06, 6th Floor,
Dataran 3 Two, Jalan 19/1,
46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
03 7962 7888
03 7962 7800